IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING 2020 CANCELLATION
After much careful consideration it is with reluctance that we must cancel this years Ben Vorlich event.
We have thought long and hard about it and feel the reasons for not having it outweigh the reasons to go ahead.
Gatherings are currently not allowed and while this may change by mid-August we feel this doesn't give us enough time to get organised to make a great event WITH meeting updated guidelines.
Although our entries are fairly low we can't guarantee at this stage that we will be able to keep social distancing and provide the quality race that you have come to expect from us.
On a personal note I would hate to be responsible (even indirectly) for a death because of something at our race.
I would rather every one of our runners and their families remain fit and healthy to run in 2021 and beyond.
Making this decision now enables us to give you 2 options.
1. Transfer your entry to 2021**
2. Give you as close to a full refund as we can manage*
No one in Wee Run Events will take any payment/salary for time spent preparing for the race.
We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. But, we are hoping that by cancelling it with a month to go it will minimise disruption caused to you, our runners.
We have automatically transferred you to the 2021, but completely understand if you want to be refunded. And all being well we will still be here going strong - as we hope you will be - once the virus has been contained.
If you wish to be refunded please email email@example.com stating you'd like a refund; however please be patient as it may not be instant.
Ben & Nic
*We anticipate we'll be able to give you 100% of the race fee back minus admin fees
**Transferring is completely FREE!
A 50K OR 60K ULTRA
ABOUT THE EVENT
The route will start and finish at a location TBC just outside Comrie and follow the old railway line on the north shore of Loch Earn and then round to the South Loch Earn Road.
The climb up Ben Vorlich starts at Ardvorlich and goes straight up to 3232ft (985m). The path has been recently resurfaced and there is room to pass on the way up and on the way down. (for safety we may move the timing point down from the summit if needed)
We will have 3 checkpoints (CPs) but you will visit the one at the base of Ben Vorlich twice (one will be at the highest point and will be a timing point only).
There is a proportion of tarmac in this run, so shoe choice is tricky. We suggest leaving a change of shoes at the Ardvorlich CP.
- Marked Route
- Water at checkpoints
- Drop-off bags conveyed to checkpoints (approx every 10 miles)
- Chip Timing
- GPS Tracking
- Food and drink at the finish
- Start and Finish TBC (near Comrie)
- Courses close at 10pm
- Prizes for the winners
- Souvenirs for all finishers
CHOOSE FROM 50K, 60K OR RELAY!
VIEW THE ROUTE(S)
HOW LONG HAVE YOU GOT TO TRAIN?
THE NEXT BEN VORLICH ULTRA IS SATURDAY 28TH AUGUST 2021
READY TO SIGN UP?
- High Road - The full 60km including the climb up Ben Vorlich (£55)
- Low Road - 50km missing the climb up Ben Vorlich (£55)
- 2 Person Relay - Changover at Ardvorlich you choose who goes UP (£70 per team)
INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY
Prizes for Winners
Fully Marked and Marshalled Routes
Water Stations on Course
Refreshments Available at the Finish
Live Results Online
Insurance for Participants
Souvenirs for Every Finisher
ESSENTIAL AND RECOMMENDED ITEMS
- Head torch (can be left at CP3 in your drop bag)
- Mobile phone (fully charged)
- Emergency blanket
- Emergency Food and Drink
- All runners will be issued with a GPS tracker which must be carried (relay runners should pass this as a baton)
- Emergency Contact information on your route notes
- Waterproofs may be compulsory if the weather is inclement as some of the course is over high tops and can be exposed.
- A map of the route is recommended.
- First aid kit
- Spare clothes especially socks as there are wet sections (can be left in your drop bags)
WEE RUN EVENTS
WE RUN EVENTS YOU LOVE TO RUN
Wee Run Events organises the Ben Vorlich Ultra.
With over 40 years' event experience we pride ourselves on creating and delivering events that are fun and challenging.
Wee Run Events also provides chip timing services, race consultancy and entry portal software.Wee can help!