THE GLENTURRET ULTRA
BEN VORLICH ROUTE
CHOOSE FROM 68KM OR 78KM
ABOUT THE EVENT
The route will start and finish at The Glenturret Distillery and follows the old railway line to St Fillans (as much as possible) and then on the north shore of Loch Earn and then round to the South Loch Earn Road.
The climb up Ben Vorlich starts at Ardvorlich and goes straight up to 3232ft (985m). The path has been recently resurfaced and there is room to pass on the way up and on the way down. (for safety we may move the timing point down from the summit if needed)
This Ultra is almost ALL on tarmac. So choose suitable footwear.
The climb up Ben Vorlich (high road) is maintained trail, you can get away with road shoes but feel free to change shoes at the base (Ardvorlich CP) and change back after.
The "Low Road" (68km) is fairly flat and pretty fast to run.
- Choice of 68km or 78km
- (Almost) 1km ascent up Ben Vorlich
- Marked Route
- Fully marshaled
- Water at checkpoints
- Drop-off bags conveyed to checkpoints
- Chip Timing
- GPS Tracking
- Refreshments available at the finish
- Start and Finish The Glenturret Distillery
- Free Parking at the Distillery
- Courses close at 10pm
- Prizes for the winners
- Medals for all finishers
We welcome ALL runners, from ALL backgrounds and ALL genders.
We are an LGBTQIA+ friendly event - in fact we're friendly FULL STOP!
You can run as M or F or NB and we welcome you to sign up and run as the gender of your choice.
High Road (78km); a total of 3 checkpoints BUT 2 you will pass through twice:
- Comrie Cricket Club (twice)
- Ardvorlich (twice)
For the High Road - those going all the way up Ben Vorlich, there will be a timing point at the highest point.
Low Road (68km); a total of 3 checkpoints BUT 1 you will pass through twice:
- Comrie Cricket Club (twice)
CHOOSE FROM 68K OR 78K
VIEW THE ROUTE(S)
The Low Road 68km (42 1/4 miles)
The High Road 78km (48 miles)
HOW LONG HAVE YOU GOT TO TRAIN?
THE NEXT GLENTURRET ULTRA -
BEN VORLICH ROUTE IS SATURDAY 31ST AUGUST 2024
INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY
Fully Marked and Marshalled Routes
Prizes for Winners
Water Stations on Course
Refreshments Available at the Finish
Live Results Online
Insurance for Participants
Medal for Every Finisher
Event facilities and toilets
Optional T-shirtAdditional cost on entry
ESSENTIAL AND RECOMMENDED ITEMS
- Head torch (can be left at CP3 in your drop bag)
- Mobile phone (fully charged)
- Emergency blanket
- Emergency Food and Drink
- All runners will be issued with a GPS tracker which must be carried (relay runners should pass this as a baton)
- Emergency Contact information on your route notes
- Waterproofs may be compulsory if the weather is inclement as some of the course is over high tops and can be exposed.
- A map of the route is recommended.
- First aid kit
- Spare clothes especially socks as there are wet sections (can be left in your drop bags)
PHOTOS FROM 2019
Photos taken by amateur photographer Nic Crossley
WEE RUN EVENTS
WE RUN EVENTS YOU LOVE TO RUN
Wee Run Events organises the Ben Vorlich Ultra.
With over 40 years' event experience we pride ourselves on creating and delivering events that are fun and challenging.
Wee Run Events also provides chip timing services, race consultancy and entry portal software.Wee can help!