A 50K OR 60K ULTRA
ABOUT THE EVENT
The route will start and finish at the Cultybraggan camp just outside Comrie and follow the old railway line on the north shore of Loch Earn and then round to the South Loch Earn Road.
The climb up Ben Vorlich starts at Ardvorlich and goes straight up to 3232ft (985m). The path has been recently resurfaced and there is room to pass on the way up and on the way down. (for safety we may move the timing point down from the summit if needed)
We will have 3 checkpoints (CPs) but you will visit the one at the base of Ben Vorlich twice (one will be at the highest point and will be a timing point only).
There is a proportion of tarmac in this run, so shoe choice is tricky. We suggest leaving a change of shoes at the Ardvorlich CP.
- Marked Route
- Water at checkpoints
- Drop-off bags conveyed to checkpoints (approx every 10 miles)
- Chip Timing
- GPS Tracking
- Food and drink at the finish
- Start and Finish at Cultybraggan Camp
- Courses close at 10pm
- Prizes for the winners
- Souvenirs for all finishers
CHOOSE FROM 50K, 60K OR RELAY!
VIEW THE ROUTE(S)
HOW LONG HAVE YOU GOT TO TRAIN?
THE NEXT BEN VORLICH ULTRA IS 15TH AUGUST 2020
READY TO SIGN UP?
ENTRY OPENS SOON
- High Road - The full 60km including the climb up Ben Vorlich (£55)
- Low Road - 50km missing the climb up Ben Vorlich (£55)
- 2 Person Relay - Changover at Ardvorlich you choose who goes UP (£70 per team)
ESSENTIAL AND RECOMMENDED ITEMS
- Head torch (can be left at CP3 in your drop bag)
- Mobile phone (fully charged)
- Emergency blanket
- Emergency Food and Drink
- All runners will be issued with a GPS tracker which must be carried (relay runners should pass this as a baton)
- Emergency Contact information on your route notes
- Waterproofs may be compulsory if the weather is inclement as some of the course is over high tops and can be exposed.
- A map of the route is recommended.
- First aid kit
- Spare clothes especially socks as there are wet sections (can be left in your drop bags)
WEE RUN EVENTS
WE RUN EVENTS YOU LOVE TO RUN
Wee Run Events organises the Ben Vorlich Ultra.
With over 40 years' event experience we pride ourselves on creating and delivering events that are fun and challenging.
Wee Run Events also provides chip timing services, race consultancy and entry portal software.Wee can help!